Re: PLIP Install on Acer : Solved

> From: "arief muLya" <arief@bna.telkomsel.co.id>
> >
> > Thanks for the unconcerning to my problems.
>
> Well, with an attitude like that it's no surprise you don't get any help.

I see a chicken-and-egg problem...

If a question is posed, in simple form with no 'tude, it shouldn't get a
'tude response.

But the problem expressed was, he got no response... which happens sometimes,
if we don't have the same box, or don't know that subtopic too well, or
have merely 230 or so mails too nany in our inbox.

> > My Guess, that's the way it worked around here.
> > If a newbies has a 'cheap' problem ignore them, soon or later they'll
> > solved it themselves :-)
>
> Far more likely, there just aren't that many Linux users with Acer
> computers.  Especially with Acer computers on which they want to use PLIP.
> Can't say I've ever had a use for it myself.
>
> derek

<ob laptop>
For the record most parallel ports act the same, and most floppy ports
do (even macintoshes use the same chip as my laptop, as do nearly all
desktops I've ever seen) - oddballs are going to be those softmodems, an
occasional USB chipset, and (luckily rare these days) some PCMCIA controllers.
Cardbus ones are usually supported but newbies may not know which module
theirs uses.
</ob>

For the record on the other side, we're all just people here... with a
tendency towards being helpful, perhaps, but just people the same, and
due a little respect in both directions.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...