Re: doubt??

Dear Franzi,
Yes, the driver does work with kernel 2.2.20.
I am using a pretty-much default installation of Woody (22 July 02) on a ThinkPad770 with a 3com FEM656 CardBus LAN/modem. I found that if I ran dmesg just after boot, it showed that the 3c575 driver was installed and running, but the kernel could not mount the card because it was "out of resource," which meant that I needed to allocate an additional IO memory range for the card. Since I am not a powerpenguin I could not figure this out, so I wrote to Dave Hinds, the author of the PCMCIA-HOWTO. His reply fixed the problem. I sent part of the dmesg output to him,

cs: could not allocate 512 IO ports for CardBus

and he responded:

Edit /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and add a line like:

 include port 0x1000-0x1fff

This error is actually one of the things covered in the PCMCIA-HOWTO in the troubleshooting section, I think.

-- Dave

He may be right, but I have not yet found the place where the fix is described.
Hope this helps.
Pietro

franzi wrote:

Hi to everyone is it true that the driver 3c575_cb works only in Kernel
2.4 up i've got a pcmcia 3ccfe575bt ina laptop extensa 390 with 2.2.20
kernel;what i've to do to get it on?
BYE