Re: Selecting from multiple network cards?

Nate Carlson <natecars@natecarlson.com> writes:

> I just start up whichever interface I want by hand.  I'm wondering
> if there's an easier way.. how are other people dealing with this
> problem?

It is a problem.  I'm doing it by hand (ifup, ifdown) at the moment,
and I'm not sure what a better way would provide.  It'd be easy enough
to make a GUI that did that (though it'd have to run as root), but I
can't think of anything that could be automatic.  (Pick your favorite
scripting language + widget set and make something.  Tcl/Tk, perl-tk,
libgtk-perl, python-gtk, etc.)