woody on T23

hello all!
have v nice T23 which was running linux just fine... [apart from irda]
untill I recompiled my kernel from the 2.4.18 source. Now i get major
video corruption on resume from suspend which can only be solved by
rebooting. This doesnt happen if i boot from the stock 2.4.18-bf24
kernel, any ideas as to what i need to set in my kernel config to sort
this out?

also, i have never got irda to work [want to use gnokki!] does anyone
know which irda modules i need for the transciever in the t23, i cannot
seem to identify it.

thanks,

hugh saunders