Toshiba 1800-254 - Slow

Hi;

I have Woody Toshiba 1800-254. And sometimes.. it cames very very slow.
Its very slow with apt-get and in X.

Also, I used Mandrake before Woody and my Laptop was very fast (The X
run really run fast, also I use it to see some DVD movies).

I tried to compile my Kernel exactly as Mandrake, and it compiled ok,
but it doesnt get better.

Also.. I can only thing that its a memory subject. Int he manual it
tolds me that I have 256MB of Memory and a VideoCard (trident) with 16MB
external memory.

The return of my 'free' comand, return me this:

      total -  used   - free - shared - buffers -  cached
Mem: 238792 - 33664  - 205128 -    0   -  2832   -  21808

Could it be a memory problem? (X window - KDE - very slow.. and
apt-get).

Also, the lilo.conf that I was using in Mandrake, doesnt have a line to
change the memory size or to declare the correct size.

What could be happening?. Please.. its very slow with Woody :(.

Paul Fischer

--
Pablo Fischer <exilion@yifan.net>