Re: Woody on ThinkPad A31

> well, dmesg says:
> radeonfb: ATI Radeon M7 LW DDR SGRAM 32 MB
>
> but lspci -v sasy:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LW
> (prog-if 00 [VGA])\
>
> Guess I'm a bit confused here.

This is a mismatch in the kernel code somewhere. The later kernels know
about the M7. On my T30 I get:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
M7 LW

You definately need X4.2, 4.1 doesn't support the card. And the radeon
driver is the correct one to use. I've got it working at 1400x1050 ok, I
did use the gatos (http://gatos.sourceforge.net) drivers though as
they've got better Xv support, but it does work with the std X drivers.

Mike