Re: Woody on ThinkPad A31

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 11:35 pm, Levi Waldron wrote:
> On December 18, 2002 06:11 am, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > command "startx" it gives me fatal errors like: "no screen found". I
> > checked the screen section of the XFree86 config file, and it seems to be
> > ok. As I
>
> I've gotten this error message after going through the dbootstrap
> installation on a couple recent fresh installs, and it had nothing to do
> with the video card being supported or not - although I never figured out
> why it happened.  To fix it I just went through the X configuration again
> using xf86cfg that fixed it both times, as the video cards were supported.

xf86cfg tell me:

'Fatal server error:
XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
Unfortunately the appropriate has not been added to xf86PciInfo.h.
Please forward scanpci - v output to XFree86 support team
Failed to run "X -configure".'

Well, as ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility seems to work for other's (and Mandrake
works with it), I think I will make an idiot out of my self, sending this to
XFree86.

Cheers

Aryan