Re: Woody on ThinkPad A31

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 03:36 pm, William Enck wrote:
> I have an ATI Radeon 7500 mobility in my Dell i4150. Everything is
> working find in unstable with X 4.2.1
>
> First, how did you configure X? Did you use debconf? Debconf doesn't
> give the "radeon" option when selecting the driver for you card.

Yup, I used debconf, and it is not giving the "radeon" driver option. Doese
this mean I shouldn't use debconf for setting up X?

> Also, what does your config look like? And what exactly is the error you
> get. Yes, it says no availible screens, but that is because something
> further up failed. What does /var/log/XFree86.0.log say?

After loading each module and showing their version number and other stuff, it
says:

(WW) ATI: PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:0:0 could not be detected!
(EE)  No device detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

doese this make sense? Or should I send  /var/log/XFree86.0.log ?

cheers