Re: Yet another "what laptop should I buy?" question

also sprach Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@sun.com> [2002.12.13.1107 +0100]:
> Out of interest, why not?
>
> I've had an Inspiron 7500, and now have a Latitude C400. Both have
> worked very well with unstable.

Because Dell is really dropping in Quality. I've had Dells all my life
and noticed this trend. While the CPi-A from four years ago was a cool
laptop, my current C610, the C800, and the Inspiron 4000 are pathetic.
ACPI is not implemented at all, the things are very loud because APM
is not standards-compliant (it works with windoze) only, and the Dell
service is pissing me off!

It's just apparent that Dell is Windoze-only and doing as much as
they can to make it harder and harder for users of other OSs. Plus the
fact that I am forced to feel neglected, because even though I own
like 11 Dells, I am only a small-scale user and thus unimportant.

Also, the laptops break a lot. That never happened to me with IBMs.

--
Please do not CC me! Get a proper mailer instead: www.mutt.org

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc