strange mouse and keyboard behaviour

Hello,

   I use KDE 3.0.4, Debian testing with old xfree86 (4.1.0) on IBM
   Thinkpad a22m notebook (I haven't upgraded to 4.2.0, because I have
   to find fast line to download it ;).

   Now, there's some strange behaviour with my mouse and keyboard.
   Sometimes the keyboard ,,decides'', that I hold the alt key (or I
   think so, I can't type any letters and if I click in the middle of
   a window and move, the window moves, that's what happens when alt is
   pressed). The only way to get out is to kill Xserver, I can't type
   anything, typing alt again doesn't help.

   Another bug is, that sometimes my mouse pointer decides, that I can't
   select text in konsole. I have to doubleclick and then it works
   again.

   The reason why I'm writing to debian-laptop and not to a general
   mailing list is that I have the exactly same software setup on my
   workstation (I use apt-proxy and they have same versions of
   software), so I wonder if this is some kind of bad cooperation with
   this kind of hardware... What would you think would help?

   This is the output of discover for this notebook:

jurajbug:/home/juraj# discover --enable-all all
Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX - 82443BX/ZX Host bridge
Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX - 82443BX/ZX AGP bridge
Texas Instruments PCI1450
Texas Instruments PCI1450
Intel Corporation 82371AB PIIX4 ISA controller
MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8175
Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100]
Intel Corporation 82371AB PIIX4 IDE controller
Cirrus Logic CS4614/22/24/30 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator]
Intel Corporation 82371AB PIIX4 USB controller
ATI Technologies, Inc. Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x [Mobility LM]
Unknown HITACHI_DK23BA-20B

     Thanks for any help,

             Juraj.