"Woody" XFree86-4 Laptop:Toshiba Satellite 3000-400 screen refresh rates

Hello world,

I'm trying to totally reinstall linux (Debian Woody
3.0r0 yet) on my laptop and I can't get running X.
More precisely, I can run X but cannot see something
else as vertical rays. So that it is probably a
refresh rates problem. The (maximal) resolution is
1024x768
(NVidia Geforge 2 Go 16Mo).

BUT unfortunately, the only screen refresh rates for
this laptop that I found are:
"60Hz" on Windows (not very explicit yet :)
"HorizSync 31.5-82 Hz / VertRefresh 60-100 Hz" on
http://home.freeuk.net/abooker/toshiba/install3000-400.html

(I searched for them desperately by Toshiba, with
google and so on.)

But none of them is working, even it seems to me that
the best results, as describribed above, are obtained
with a the following config:

HorizSync 70-100 Hz / VertRefresh 40-80 Hz
What can I do ? Has someone more infos about this
rates or does it comes from the file config ?

I also can't get working my mouse-pad (the Accu-Point
and four buttons).

Thanks in advance

Sébastien

Soyez solidaire soutenez l?action du Téléthon avec Yahoo! France.
http://www1.telethon.fr/030-Espace-Relais-Dons/webtirelire1.asp?hebergeur_id=1309