Re: Booting 2 Linuxes with LILO

Thanks so much.
I  have a couple of questions:

Can I follow a similar procedure while I have the root mounted?

I booted into woody and had /dev/hda1 mounted as root
I then mounted potato on /mnt/potato, as you suggest.
     woody: $ lilo -C /mnt/woody/lilo.conf.mbr
went OK

     woody: $ lilo -r /mnt/potato
told me it was expecting a different version of LILO

     woody: $ lilo
issued a fatal error.
Then I tried mounting /dev/hda1 under /mnt/woody and did:
     woody: $ lilo -r /mnt/woody
It was OK.

Still, I can boot Potato, despite the error message.
It won't bood woody, though!

Could I maybe just have the woody's lilo.conf handle all, without the need of
the mbr lilo?

alberto.

     mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/woody

--