Re: Dell cpu speed toggle (was: Temperatur weirdnes)

also sprach Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@einstein.madduck.net> [2002.12.01.1704 +0100]:
> > However, it doesn't cause the temperature to be any lower,
> > and apm doesn't seem to think my battery is going to last any longer.
>
> I don't see any change in the temperature either (I hadn't checked
> before now). Odd - this means that the CPU generates proportionally
> *more* heat (=wasting battery) when on low speed!?

How do you even check the effect of Fn-\? I get the same bogomips
before and afterwards, Fn-\ doesn't seem to do anything.

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc