Re: Random keystrokes lost

also sprach Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> [2002.11.27.0059 +0100]:
> I've seen similar things on my Dell I4000 - but only after using hotswap
> - e.g. removing the cd-rom drive.  Same symptoms. I learned the hard way
> to make sure that I rmmod'ed ide-cd *before* removing the cdrom drive.

I know the symptoms of such action, but this is not comparable. The
characters are lacking only every so often, and the "freezes" are at
most 2 seconds in length - when I'd pull out my CD-ROM and the IDE
driver would look for it, that could take minutes...

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc