kernel messages (from a newbie)

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Debian. I've been using 'commercial' linux (Red Hat and
Suse) in my desktop for some time, but i've never had a real problem
with them, so i don't know much about the OS.
I bought a Presario 920, with an Athlon XP 1.67MHz, and I couldn't
install Red Hat 8.0. So i've decided it was time to try Debian, and
make myself learn some more about linux.

I've got the system - woody 3.0 - running (without sound, nor modem, for now),
but it prints a kernel's message lots of times:
1.    'kernel: neighbour table overflow'
It keeps running, aparently normaly.
Can anyone help me, and tell me what this means?
There are someother messages from the kernel (in /var/log/messages)
that i don't understand:
2.    'mtrr: no more MTRRs available'

3.    ' kernel: probable hardware bug: clock timer configuration lost
- probably a VIA686a.
    kernel: probable hardware bug: restoring chip configuration.'

Do this ones have anything to do with the first?
I belive this last one is because the temperature sensor, right? I've seen
some notes on lm-sensors, but i'm a little afraid to start messing around
without some help.

With my regards,
Pedro

PS- I promise i'll keep next messages short :^)