Re: Intel(r) AC'97 Audio Controller - SigmaTel Codec

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 03:25:05PM -0800, Fedor Karpelevitch wrote:
> I have 2.4.19 from debian (which does not have any pathces applied, I
> believe) and it does have ACPI options (and I do not see any APCI) and it
> also has some APIC options. Is that what you mean, or am I missing
> something?

Yeah, you want the ACPI patch. It will _upgrade_ the ACPI support in
your kernel from the old and nasty one to one that will fix your
problem. APIC is a processor controller of some kind, originally only
in SMP machines and now appearing in uniprocessor machines. Totally
unrelated.

APCI is a typo, I think.

Oh, and you _may_ find the ACPI patch doesn't apply cleanly to the
Debian 2.4.19 source. I vaguely remember it clashing as there was a
patch to the old ACPI to fix a problem with some hardware or other,
which isn't in the stock 2.4.19 kernel.

That might have been 2.4.18 though. I forget. :-)

Oh, and the latest ACPI patch is again 2.4.20-rc1. :-)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36832&release_id=123045

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.