Unidentified subject!

Dear Gary,

I would like to reply to your posting at the Debian Mailinglist but
since I do not know how to do I write to you personally.

I just bought the Desknote A928 and I have similar problems as you.

Concerning the first one, adding the boot paramater
"video=vga16:off" helps in my case. I do not know what this
paramter does and why it does not work without. Without that
parameter the system switsches to 80x30 console, thus the last five
lines are missing and some letters on the left. I found this hint
on page 53 of the guide "Installing Debian..." Do you know of any
webpage containing a list of all kernel parameters ?

Concerning the XServer, I did not manage to start it even after
commenting out with "#" the line " Load  "extmod"  ". I think I
will try to install Red Hat Linux or the included ThizLinux, maybe
that works better.

Good luck with Linux,

Klaus

PS If you want you can publish my reply on the webpage
http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2002/debian-laptop-200211/msg00282.html