Debian install for i-Buddie Desknote

I have an i-Buddie Desknote laptop and had a few issues
installing Debian from the Woody release.

Firstly, when booting the default image from the CD the dbootstrap
program would display incorrectly, the 4 leftmost characters were not
displayed and the bottom characters "wrapped" around to the top of the
screen. I suspect this was something to do with terminal settings.

When booting from the "vanilla" image the dbootstrap program displayed
correctly however, and I was able to complete a bootable install.

Secondly, when configuring X, it seemed to have difficulty when the
default color depth was lower *or* higher than 16-bit. I did have
trouble after I had deemed the resolution problems solved however,
so whether this was in fact a problem is not proved.

Lastly, I could not get the X server to successfully start up while
the "extmod" module was being loaded; I don't know what this module
does and I did not recieve any useful log message regarding it in the
Xfree log file, but through trial and error and manually editing the
XF86-Config-4 file I narrowed it down to this module.

If anyone has an explanation for these problems, I'd be grateful to
know.

Gary Moselen
Peace Software
www.peace.com