FIX: Re: Thinkpad 770ED, Debian Sarge, new XFree 4.2.1

This fixed the problem for me.  Thanks!!

--

           From:
Darin Strait

> Ugh..  I'm having this same problem with my Thinkpad 770E.  Did anyone
> ever figure out how to fix it?

After fiddling with dpkg-reconfigure and hand-editting XF86Config for a
few days, I was on the verge of downgrading X. Then, I found the
following bugs in bugzilla:

And I used the driver available at the bottom of the page:
http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/

I had to power-cycle my laptop before the fix took hold. A simple reboot
was not enough.

Now, I have sane colors while using my on-board Trident 9397 card.

Thanks for everyone's help; I did learn a lot about how X works.

-d