Re: Help on Laptop Tunning :-)

From: "Paulo Lopes" <pmml@netvita.pt>

> I have a laptop with Debian Woody stable. (i'm a newbie to debian, so
> please this probably is a stupid question :-)
>
> I've installed KDE3.0.4 and KDevelop 2.1.3, and among these packages
> i've installed htdig (Kdevelop said it would be nice to have it
> installed...) the problem is that every day i start my laptop it runs
> HTDIG... the problem is that if i'm on batery... i think i'll waste lots
> of power with this process...

Do you have anacron installed?  Anacron should postpone running cron.daily
(which, at least on my system, contains htdig) if you're on battery power.
However, I had to write my own script to check if I was on AC power, because the
"on_ac_power" that came with powermgmt-base didn't work at the time with ACPI -
I'm not sure if it's fixed yet).