Re: Which laptop!!!

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:16:01AM -0500, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Jim Richardson wrote:
> >Why steer clear of Dell? I have been quite happy with my Inspiron 8100.
>
> I'm of the same mind.  I'm very happy with my Dell Inspiron 5000 for
> hardware support.  Software support can't fog a mirror but other than
> that they're OK.
>
> Personally, I will not purchase any laptop with "Mr. eraser head" for a
> pointing device.  Granted, my hands have been nuked from too many hours
> on the keyboard but those kind of pointing devices really aggravate my
> hands.  I also hate that they also put a dimple in the middle of your
> LCD screen.  Mr. eraser head is evil, evil, evil!
>
> ---eric

That's kind of funny. One of the reasons I liked the 8100, was the
titmouse, I didn't like the track pad. But after using it for a while,
I prefer the trackpad now. Go figure.

--
Jim Richardson         http://www.eskimo.com/~warlock
You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.

Lintel, because you can't rely on windows to support heavy loads.