Re: woody install on laptop

Hi milti...

On 14.11.2002 15:50 milti <milti@mac.com> wrote:

> for the past couple of days, ive been trying
> to do a floppy/network install of woody on my
> sony picturebook (usb floppy/xircom netcard)
> and have not been able to get past the rescue
> disk:  the error that stands out is
>     root fs not mounted
> i had potato installed (via pcmcia cd drive) just
> fine before and actually was able to do some perl
> network programming before the upgrade bug
> bit me, so i know debian works fine on my pc.  does
> anyone have any ideas as to what i need to say
> at the boot prompt??  id like to finally get my picturebook
> installed with the minimal windows/full debian/full netbsd.
> netbsd installed like a dream.  but id like to try woody
> as well.  how to get past the rescue floppy??

The installation manual on debian.org in chapter 5.3 'Installing
from floppies' says:

Information on boot parameters which might be useful can
be found by pressing F4and F5. If you add any parameters
to the boot command line, be sure to type the boot method
(the default is linux) and a space before the first parameter
(e.g., linux floppy=thinkpad).

Might that be useful?

ciao Thomas

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

                   Thomas Kroener

SVA System Vertrieb Alexander GmbH
Thomas Kroener
Unter den Eichen 7