Re: sony vaio fx215 and video out

On 14 Nov 2002, Dominik Juszczyk wrote:
> I have question: I want to connect my laptop to TV to watch movies on
> larger screen. Is there any software to do it??? Under windows there
> was option in display section where you were to tell him which display
> is default.
>
> Is that possible under Debian???

That depends on the video card that your machine has in it.

If you have an NVIDIA card, the binary drivers support TV output to some
degree. If it's Matrox, it's well supported. ATI is also well supported.

Anything other than that, though, and you are probably short on luck.

         Daniel

--
`geek' --- a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually
includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake.