Re: Which laptop!!!

> The ONLY brand I can recommend for Debian (and in general) is IBM!
> They provide good support for Open Source projects (Linux Kernel!) --
> this must be honored, and Linux simply runs on every IBM Laptop I have
> seen so far without any pain.

Not true. There has been an awful problem with LM Sensors (temperature
and voltage sensors for Linux) on Thinkpads. Some Thinkpads could be
simply broken by scanning the I2C bus [1]. The LM Sensors asked IBM for
help about this issue an. The whole thing must have started 2 or 3 years
ago, they are still waiting for a real support.

Now, I agree that IBM makes a lot for Linux, but this story made me a
bit angry against them, I admit it.

[1] http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/lm_sensors2/README.thinkpad

--
Jean Delvare