Re: Which laptop!!!

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 14:35, Preben Randhol wrote:
> Iñaki Martínez <debian@euskal-linux.org> wrote on 13/11/2002 (14:16) :
> >   * Linux well supported, PCMCIA, NET, so on.
>
> Stay clear of Dell.

Could you please substantiate that with some facts ? I agree that Dell
is not the best for reliability (they don't survive rough nomadic lives,
although they are fine as movable desktops) and that given enough cash I
would rather buy from IBM. But we have a gaggle of Dell laptops and find
them to be a good compromise given the price. I'm currently typing on an
Inspiron 4000 with Debian and I am quite satisfied. But then I never
asked Dell for Linux support : all I have done I did myself with a
little community support.