Re: Disabling PCMCIA at the boot prompt

Didier a écrit:

Hello
I am looking how is it possible to disable the PCMCIA support at the boot prompt. I know there is some options (parameters) avalaible, before loading linux but I don't known them or where to find them. That's because while I try to install the woody on my gericom Webgin per4mance, the installation blocks on the detection of the pcmcia card (at the reboot during the installation). As I don't have any pcmcia card I don't need the pcmcia support. Thanks

/  boot with the *NOPCMCIA*=yes option. I added the line:/

   / append="*NOPCMCIA*=yes" /

/to the kernel image in /etc/lilo.conf, reran lilo and my PCMCIA is happy again.
/This option is attested in RedHat docs, and can be used with Suse.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/install-guide/ch-bootopts.html

But I don't see in
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO.html
or others