Re: Dells TrueMobile doesnt work

Hi Marcus!

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002, Marcus C. Gottwald wrote:

|> This might be useless information, but in my Latitude C400, the
|> TrueMobile 1150 is in fact hard wired to PCMCIA slot 1 and not
|> some sort of (mini) PCI card:

Not here. Unfortunately.

|> mcg@lilith:~$ cardctl ident
|> Socket 0:
|>   no product info available
|> Socket 1:
|>   product info: "Dell", "TrueMobile 1150 Series PC Card", "Version 01.01", ""
|>   manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
|>   function: 6 (network)

root@tty1[root]# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  no product info available
Socket 1:
  no product info available

|> Goran, what your "lspci" shows might not be the WLAN card but
|> e.g. a modem. See what "cardctl ident" shows.

As you can see: Nothing, unless I plug the Lucent-WLAN Card into one of the
PCMCIA-Slots. In this case, cardctl shows:
root@tty1[root]# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  no product info available
Socket 1:
  product info: "Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/IEEE", "Version 01.01", ""
  manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
  function: 6 (network)

Does this mean, the card does not work? - How can I check this out? And:
Where do I know from, which card it is?

Thanks for help! :)
--
regards, gr.