Re: PCMCIA Network card up on boot...

Hi Bruce,

I installed woody and everything worked fine. When I upgraded to 2.4.x I had the same problem. I am using dhcp and there was no entry for eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces. It now looks like
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

This fixed the problem. Of course I needed to use yenta_socket and tulip rather than tulip_cb. I wasn't using hotplug so I can't comment on that.

Good luck,
Eric

Bruce wrote:

I would like my wireless PCMCIA network card to be up and running on boot. From what I can gather from the hotplug docs, it should be started via "coldplugging", i.e, by the /etc/init.d/hotplug script which is run at boot time. To get the card to work after a reboot, I have to eject it and reinsert it after I have booted. When I do this, the hotplug scripts do their job and the network card is brought up. I notice that, by default, in runlevel 2, /etc/init.d/hotplug is run at S11, whereas /etc/init.d/pcmcia isn't run until S20. Shouldn't hotplug be run _after_ pcmcia when booting to get an already connected pcmcia device to work on boot?? If so, should I move pcmcia up, or hotplug down, in the boot order?? Am I missing something, or does this (default) configuration mean no coldplugging of PCMCIA devices in Woody?

Bruce