Re: <SOLVED> Re: Can't Reboot to Win98 After Restarting from Woody

From: "Drew Parsons" <dparsons@emerall.com>

> > I wondered why the module "i82365.o" is chosen as default config.
>
> Roughly speaking, i82365 is what you need to work with 16-bit PCMCIA cards
> only.  To use the 32-bit PC Cards, you need yenta (as you've discovered
> empirically ;) ).  I had thought pcmcia was now able to discover
> automatically which one you need, making the setting in /etc/default/pcmcia
> redundant, but maybe I thought wrong.
>
> Actually, I don't understand it much more than that so I think I'll shut up
> now :)

I know you said "roughly speaking", but I don't think you're quite right.  I
only have a 16-bit card, that prior to kernel 2.4.x used i82365.o and I had to
change it to use yenta when I installed the 2.4 kernel.  It's certainly possible
to autodetect the card - but I doubt you can really say whether it should use
yenta or i82365.  The best you could do is determine that this _is_ a 32-bit
card, therefore it _must_ use yenta - but for 16-bit cards I've seen some people
claim they had to continue using i82365 and others had to switch.
--
derek