Re: XF4.1 on ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

Oleg wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 October 2002 07:35 am, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> > AFAIK you need XFree 4.2, which is in unstable.
>
> How can I install XFree86 from unstable on a stable machine:
>
> apt-get -t unstable install xserver-xfree86  ?

That might work, but I normally use

% apt-get install xserver-xfree86/unstable

> Do I need to modify my sources.list?

You need to add the lines for unstable.  I have

deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

The fr is for France, you probably want to remove it or
to replace it by a server closer to you.
Also, using stuff in non-US might be illegal for US people.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/