RE: pcmcia help?

In addition to the pcmcia modules, you need the modules specific to your
network card. A google for "FEther PCC-TXF linux" turns up
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS, and the right module
for this card appears to be "pcnet_cs".

Try

# modprobe pcnet_cs

then

# ifconfig eth0 up

The interface should now show up with an ifconfig, and you should have an ip
address (assuming you are getting your IP address from a dhcp server).

To make the module load automatically on boot, I would recommend that you
use modconf (apt-get install modconf, if you don't already have it). Modconf
is very useful in that it automatically makes the necessary configuration
changes to allow you to add or remove which modules should be loaded at boot
(though you may need to unload and reload the module in modconf to make sure
it changes the relevant settings).

B.