Re: kdebase: patterns over the screen

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 08:36:57PM +0200, Frank Trenkamp wrote:
> this happened to me a few years ago on a portable suitcase system with a
> Trident Cyber9397 and a TFT-display.  The only solution was to force XFree to
> use hand-modded modelines. It took ages to get that chip running stable and
> necessitated simple trial-and error over and over again. Sorry, can't give
> you a more sensible solution.. :(

Thanks for information anyway. Does not anybody have some better
solution -- I really have not skills nor time to fiddle with
modelines?

Thanks for any hint,

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, matej@ceplovi.cz, PGP ID# D96484AC

understand, v.:
    To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject,
    at which you cease to examine what is really present, and
    operate on the basis of your own internal model instead.