Woody on Compaq Armada 1750?

Hi,

I am trying to install Debian 3.0 on my Compaq Armada 1750.
The problem is, that after I chose the installation type and the
installation is starting the screen starts flickering... Kind of hard to describe. It's
like the image is drifting from upper left to lower right corner very fast,
so one can't see a thing. The installation starts ok, but I can't read
anything...
Has anybody experienced this before?
Could it be a framebuffer problem? Can I disable framebuffer for
installation?

Thanks for any hint.

Cheers
Marc

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de