Re: Problems with external keyboard / PS2 Y-cable

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 04:37:11PM +0800, Arne Goetje <20020531antispam@gmx.net> wrote:
> thanx for your help, I bought the Y-cable just at a computer store. maybe I
> should try the vendor's cable... I didn't think there are any differences...

I also bought an Y-cable in the cornershop, and it didn't work. THen I had
to go to a laptop shop and buy one for 8 times more money. The old one (as I
discovered later) didn't have the small mouse and keyboard icon on the two
branches of the Y. (or they were the same icons, I don't remember well)

So you'll need one that's designed for mouse+keyboard!

Gavriel