Re: Debian 3.0 on Dell Latitude C600

David Z Maze wrote:
> I also have a C600, and Debian runs fine on it (unstable, as it
> happens).  The i8kutils package is useful for controlling the fan.  I
> use ALSA for sound (with the snd-maestro3 driver) and the external

I use the kernel Maestro3 driver and it works great as well.  You just
have to make sure to enable the "Use incomplete or experiemtnal driver"
option to make the option for this driver show up if you recompile your
own kernel.

The only problem I've had is that the sound driver won't use the audio
jack on the C/Dock II, it always plays out of the headphone jack on the
laptop instead.

> The other special thing on my C600 is the display; I have the
> 1400x1050 display, which is a non-standard resolution.  My

My unit only has the 1024x768 LCD panel, and the debconf process for
generating the XFConfig-4 added a suitable Mode entry.