Re: Toshiba 320CDT

Joyce, Matthew, 2002-Sep-13 14:24 +1000:
> All I have is..
>          [*] VGA text console                                        x
>          [*] Video mode selection support
>
> kernel_source-2.4.18
>
> I have loeded the same source and built the kernel of 3 different pcs now, 2
> pcs and this laptop, I don't think I have ever seen any more then these two
> options.
>
> This is all a bit odd, no ?
>
> I cannot fathom, why this would be like it is.
>
> Matthew Joyce

Yes, that is odd indeed.  I looked around to see if there is a setting
someplace in the kernel that would remove framebuffer as an option,
but couldn't find anything (so far).  I use the kernel source from
www.kernel.org instead of the debian source.  I don't really know the
difference other than the packaging.  But, perhaps you could give that
source a try.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer