From: Jeff [mailto:jcoppock1@attbi.com]
Sent: Friday, 13 September 2002 2:18 PM
To: debian-laptop List
Subject: Re: Toshiba 320CDT

Joyce, Matthew, 2002-Sep-13 13:00 +1000:

> I don't understand, using menuconfig, under "Console drivers" I only
> have the items "VGA text console" and "Video mode selection support",
> both are selected.
>
> Where is the "Frame-buffer support" item ?
>
> Am I being think ?
>
> Matthew Joyce

On that menu, you should see:

         [*] VGA text console                                        x
         [*] Video mode selection support
         < > MDA text console (dual-headed) (EXPERIMENTAL)
         Frame-buffer support  --->

Move to the "Frame-buffer support --->" and Select it.

What version of kernel are you working with?  This should be the same in 2.2
and 2.4.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer