Toshiba 320CDT

Hi,

I am very happy with my Debian v3 k2.4.18 installation on this laptop, the
pcmcia works a treat and the apm alworks.  The battery seems to last a lot
longer in fact, than it ever did with any win32.

I have a couple of issues I'd like to resolve, prehaps someone here has
already solved them.

Display Issue 1

I cannot seem to find a chartacter vga mode which used the whole display, I
have tried 'scan' and tried all the different modes, the best for me is
80x25, but it does not use an band at the top and the bottom of the screen.
It seems odd as the whole display is used in gfx gui modes.

Display Issue 2

Under X, I cannot get a happt res either, I have entered the specs for the
screen but other than 640x480 the desktop is bigger then the screen and so
lots of scrolling is happening.

I would prefer a fixed 600x800 and perhaps switch to a virtual 1024x768 for
those dialog boxes which are too big tor 800x600.

Below is the backend of the config I am using.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

--------------------- XF86Config-4 -----------------
Section "Device"