Re: X windows setup

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Designer wrote:

> Thanks for the help everyone. I just supprised that since this system
> uses an ATI Radeon 7500 chipset, that X is not support via an existing
> driver......

If you have the ATI Radeon 7500C (M7 chioset) then you definitely need 4.2.0 and
I would suggest also getting the 4.2.1 update for completeness. I have the same
card and run woody so if you need further help, let me know. In short, what I
did was to copy someone else's XF86Config file who's got a 7500 and then remove
all the stuff I didn't need and replace it with what the XF86Config.new file
contained after doing XFree86 -configure. The relevant sections are:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI Radeon 7500"
	Driver		"radeon"
	#Option		"CrtScreen"