Re: Compaq Evo N800v

I'm running a Compaq Evo n400c with Debian unstable that
works pretty well.  I did have to make sure I picked up
the XFree 4.2 drivers, though.

A fellow down the aisle has the Compaq Evo n800v running
Debian unstable.  Apart from using the most recent XFree
4.2, his works pretty well, too.

The winmodem is a Lucent winmodem (on both machines), so
you can get drivers for it (and they work).

For wireless, we're both using the wireless gizmo that
attaches to the top of the case (not a PCMCIA card); I
think the hp/compaq web site refers to it as a "wireless
module".  These are both working, too, but you have to
use at least 0.14 of the linux-wlan-ng prism2_usb drivers.

Hope that helps...

Raul Aranda Blasco wrote:
I'm considering getting a Compaq Evo N800v and I'd like to know if
anyone has tried Linux on it and how well it works. In general, I'd like
to know how do Compaq Evos work with Linux. I've been searching the web
but I've found no info on the subject.

I'd be running Debian on it, the exact model I want to buy is the Compaq
Evo N800v 15".
one.

Thanks

--