Re: Dell Inspiron: Using glidepad and stick/nipple separately?

> The annoying thing is that I *believe* that the other OS ('98?) could
> distinguish between the stick and the pad... Argh!

Hmm... i would like that very much, too...

Did you try the driver from mobilix?
See the mailing list archives, and
http://mobilix.org/touchpad_driver.html

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
             The best things in life are free: Friendship and Love.