Dell Inspiron: Using glidepad and stick/nipple separately?

Has anybody out there has any luck with using the glidepad and
stick/nipple *separately* on the Dell Inspiron series of laptops?

With separately, I mean e.g. using the stick for scrolling
(Z-Axis-Mapping style), and the glidepad for moving the mouse?

Basically, I'd like to use the stick as a substitute for scrolling,
while leaving the glidepad to do the mousey bits...

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com