Re: installation screen is bigger than my resolution

João Macaíba <joao.macaiba@predialnet.com.br> writes:

> I'm trying to install debian 3.0 in my toshiba satellite 1805-s204 but I
> can't see all the installation screen, I only see half screen. So I just
> can't access the control buttons ('OK', 'cancel', ...).
>
> The mouse is not recognized at installation time so I only have the
> keyboard. I've tried many things even to scroll down ... I've tried to
> resize the screen resolution, but I haven't find out.

Had something similar on my Dynabook.  The bottom 3 or so lines were
not visible.  I worked around it by using the framebuffer.  Instead of
just hitting enter at the boot prompt, do

  linux vga=0x318

for a full-screen, full-colour (1024x768x32) installation.  There are
a couple of more values you could use but I don't remember them off
the top of my head.  Try `man fbset` or the kernel sources framebuffer
docs.

HTH,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
LPIC-2               -- I hack, therefore I am --                 BOFH