Installing Xfree on a Satellite 2100CDS

Hello,
I'm trying to install Debian Sid (Xfree 4.2) on a Toshiba Satellite 2100CDS
wit a S3/Virge video chipset.
I've had some pixel corruption problem that I managed to resolve by adding an
"noaccel" option to the Xfree configuration file but I stil have a small
glitch.
When I start X, the panel is horizontally divided in two and either the upper
part or the lower part is darker than the other one. You can see the same
problem when you start Windows but it is less visible.
Is there something I can do ?
Did also someone managed to get video hardware acceleration without pixel
corruption ?
Cheers,
Charles
--