Re: Display specs on Gateway Solo 1200 & Woody's Xfree86 4x SOLVED=(Savage)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Display specs on Gateway Solo 1200 & Woody's Xfree86 4x SOLVED=(Savage)
- From: Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:27:23 -0700
- Message-id: <20020831202741.TYDX1360.fed1mtao01.cox.net@there>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20020831182840.GDQT1374.fed1mtao02.cox.net@there>
- References: <20020831171949.SADI1360.fed1mtao01.cox.net@there> <20020831182840.GDQT1374.fed1mtao02.cox.net@there>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Saturday 31 August 2002 11:28 am, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> On Saturday 31 August 2002 10:19 am, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> > If I boot into init 1, I can use the console fine, but when I start init
> > 2, it locks up with blank screen, or odd stripes on the screen.
> > Anyone see this problem before?
> Traced this problem to pcmcia. I've removed it from init.d and can now run
> the computer in run level 2.
> > Also, does anyone know where I can obtain info on the display, who built
> > it, specs for xfree etc?
> So far, I've tried:
> S3Virge, all settings, then frame buffer, all settings. Error reported is
> "no screns found"
> VGA, basic 640x480 settings, then frame buffer, Error reported is
> "AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0"
> As far as I can learn from Windows-xp, the video is: S3-VIA Twister 8mb (S3
> SDAC). No details on the display were found except it handles
To answer my own questoin, the X4.x supports the twister video card with the
Savage driver on the xserver. The only mode I couldn't configure was
640/480, where the mouse doesn't want to line up with the page (odd). I
haven't tested the 24bit yet either, but I'll try it after I finish the rest
of my installation. Is this fun?
I would still like to learn the full parameters of the LCD display. Guess it
is time to start pounding on Gateways support center.
THanks all, sri for bugging the list!
Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.
Free software, in a free world, for a free spirit. Please Support freedom!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----