Re: Linux drivers for TI ACX100 (D-Link 650+)

Chris,

This has been discussed on the sydney wireless group and to quote a guy from dlink Australia

"Hi all,

Please be noted release schedule of AirPlus Linux driver:

DWL-650+ PCMCIA Card     Beginning of December
DWL-520+ PCI Card:       Beginning of December
DWL-900AP+ Access Point: Middle of October (actually I am not sure what this
will be as the unit is obviously an Access point and is configured by a web
browser, so go figure).

We are negotiating a speedier release and as more details come to hand I will
keep you updated.

Michael Florence
Business Development Manager
D-Link Australia"

The idea of releasing spec's for the card's was questioned earlier and if I remeber correctly they wouldn't release them.

Dave

Greetings,

I've only recently sub'd to this list, but after a few days of searching
other google & assorted resources on the net I was wondering if anyone here
may be able to suggest a rock I have not looked under yet. I'm trying to
find info on the current state of development for the D-Link 650+ drivers.
This is the new 22Mbps 802.11(g?) card based on the TI ACX100 chipset. I
have not been able to find any info on status of linux drivers, or any
reference docs on the chipset itself on TI's site.

I had considered contacting D-Link/TI to request any white
papers/programming info on this card/chipset, but wanted to make sure it
wasn't currently in development already before doing so. So, any ideas where
one might look to ensure the status (or non-status) of any ongoing work for
linux (or even *BSD) drivers for this card/chip (I'm under the impression
from the bit of info I could find there's quite a bit of firmware
differences btwn the D-Link & USR cards)...

Thanks,
Chris