Merlin CDPD Wireless access on woddy

hi,

i have a toshiba tecra 8000 laptop which i want to configure for internet
connection using my wireless modem (type II ip modem, merlin CDPD from
novatelwireless)

i am currently using the wireless modem for connecting my IPAQ (running winCE)
and i could not find any documentation\drivers\modules for using it under
debian.

"cardinfo" recognizes the card as a "serial\modem device".
the only "howto" there is out there is for configuring a ppp connection under
RH5.x. (http://www.novatelwireless.com/support/download/sage_linux.htm)

did anyone ever managed to get this hardware work in linux, and can either
point me to the right documentation \ resources ?

thanks,

--
Amir Tal