Re: How to get online with Whoody installed on a Toshiba Tecra 8100?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:09:36PM -0700, Joel Birnbaum wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just installed Whoody and can't get online neither with dail up or DSL connection.
> Does anyone know the steps to configure Linux to get online.

pppconfig sets up your modem and dialup account.

To run it:
ifconfig eth0 down; pon account

(there are ways of doing these steps, but that's what I use).

> Toshiba Tecra has an internal V-90 modem, that seems to be a Winmodem.

You could be out of luck with a winmodem.  Do a search on the lucent driver
(lucent.o I think).  Obviously pppconfig won't do you any good if the modem
doesn't have a working driver anyway.

> My ADSL is connected to my eth0.

Read the HOW-TO (use dhelp follow the HOWTO link, find "Linux Networking
HOWTO") There's also a DSL HOWTO and a Linux Ethernet HOWTO, which may be
useful.

Hope that helps.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A