Re: Problems with playing DVD

> "Used to be" ..??   What is the current situation with DVD drives?
>
> Seems to me there's no point buying a DVD drive for a laptop if it can't
> play discs from any region.  Just imagine it, you buy your laptop in
> Australia, fly to France taking it with you, and all of a sudden you're not
> allowed to watch movies on your own computer any more!  imbecilic...

That is exactly what the American Industry wants... you need to by
another copy of the DVD... one for your laptop, one for your
DVD-Player... They just SUCK...

Fortunately i found a firmware for my drive that is region code free.
But AFAIK all new drives have region codes, and you are allowed to
change the region code 5 times.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
             The best things in life are free: Friendship and Love.