Re: speedstep

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:37:01PM +1000, Tim Connors wrote:
> > At one stage in the past, I discoevered a magic fn-key incantation that
> > will tell my dell inspiron 4000 laptop to slow down from 650MHz to 250 or
> > 200MHz or so, on the fly. It emitted a low pitched beep when told to go
> > slower, and high pitched when fast.
> >
> > But I can't remember the dang keystrokes anymore, and google is remaining
> > my foe.
> >
> > Anyone?
>
> Perhaps Fn+# ?

Not with mine. :(

Strange that they would make it different for the different models.

I tried entering "fn #" and "fn \#" into google, but it seems to reject
special characters. Bummer.

You're one microscopic dog in his catastrophic .plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand
Nick Cave, Red Right Hand